Yellow Shoe Crew Volunteen Program
The Ronald McDonald House Charities® of West Georgia Yellow Shoe Crew is a group of teens with the collective goal to help make a difference in the lives of critically ill or injured children and their families who are receiving medical care at a nearby facility.
As stewards of the Ronald McDonald House, the Yellow Shoe Crew works to advocate, fundraise, and raise community awareness about the programs and services provided by RMHC® including the Ronald McDonald House and the Ronald McDonald House Family Room.
Teens will be selected through an application and interview process.
- The Yellow Shoe Crew consists of community teenagers who have demonstrated excellence in leadership and community service. Members participate in bi-monthly meetings, fundraising events, volunteering opportunities, community outreach and work on projects, community projects, and other opportunities as defined by RMHC staff.
- Yellow Shoe Crew members must be able to guarantee a commitment of one year of service from August 2018-August 2019.
- Candidates beginning their freshman or sophomore of high school must commit to a minimum of 25 service hours within their membership year.
- Candidates beginning their junior or senior year of high school must commit to a minimum of 40 service hours within their membership year.
- All Yellow Shoe Crew members must obtain permission from their parent/guardian prior to accepting any service obligations.
- Yearly dues of 20.00 must be payed after interview for your application to be accepted. This will cover the cost of t-shirt, badge and lanyard.
We ask that each applicant carefully considers whether they can commit to the attendance and service hour requirements.
Please be sure to enclose a photograph of yourself with the volunteer application packet. Thank you!
If you would like more information or have questions, please contact Morwen Bush at 706-321-0033 ext. 101
Interested in becoming a part of the Yellow Shoe Crew? Print out and complete the following Volunteer Packet and return ALL contents of the packet to the House, either in person or via mail to :
RMHC of West Georgia
Attn: Morwen Bush
1959 Hamilton Road. Columbus, Ga. 31904