Ronald McDonald Family Room
Offering a place to rest and regroup at the hospital
Coming in Fall, 2017– our new Ronald McDonald Family Room at the Midtown Medical Center Neonatal Intensive Care Unit!
When families walk into a Ronald McDonald Family Room, we want them to forget they’re in a hospital. Just steps away from their child, a Family Room offers a place to rest and regroup right at the hospital, just moments away from their sick child.
Keeping Families Close
Research shows that staying close by allows parents to better communicate with their child’s medical team and improve adherence to complicated treatment plans.
Services for Families
The new Ronald McDonald Family Room at Midtown Medical Center will have the following services and amenities for families:
- A kitchen area that includes a microwave, coffee machine, stocked pantry, and stocked refrigerator
- Hospitality cart
- Internet access
- Books and magazines, including digital and audio versions
- A seating area with television
- Quiet space for reflection
- Workstation to catch up on personal business and correspondence
- Snacks and drinks